Congregation News Week of March 14
ELCA FOUNDATION RESOURCES
New resources from The ELCA Foundation are contained the PDF below. Note that some of their trainings include continuing ed hours.
Download PDF • 759KB
SYNOD ASSEMBLY DEADLINES
Deadlines for Synod Assembly material are as follows:
Reports for the Bulletin of Reports are due no later than March 27. Resolutions or Memorials are due no later than March 27. Nominations for Synod Council and Synod Committees are due no later than April 24. The nomination form can be found on the Allegheny Synod website in the Synod Assembly tab. Event, meal and childcare registration are due no later than May 17. If you wish to provide information for the information table, 75 copies of the information should be brought to the Allegheny Synod office no later than May 17.
SYNOD YOUTH MISSION TRIP
Register now for the Synod Youth Mission Trip to Luther Springs Camp in Sarasota FL. The trip is July 1-8 for ages 14-18 and will include continued clean up and rebuilding after Hurricane Ian in September 2022. A registration form is below. Contact Pastor Drew McCaffery with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Adult supervision will be provided by trip organizers and Luther Springs staff, so please encourage youth to attend, even if your congregation does not have chaperones available.
Registration Form Synod FL 2023
Download PDF • 235KB
SYNOD ASSEMBLY NOMINATIONS
Attached to this message is the Synod Assembly Nomination Form for Synod Council and other committees. If you or someone you know has the gifts to serve in this way, please complete the form and return it by April 24. Also attached is a bulletin insert for your use.
LUTHERAN DAY AT THE CAPITOL REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Lutheran Day at the Capitol is April 27 Registration is now open. Here is the link.
LUTHERAN DAY AT THE CAPITOL PUBLICITY REQUEST FROM LAMPa:
1. If you are a rostered leader or congregational leader, please share the graphic below in any communications -- such as a FaceBook page.
2. Please consider sharing the post on LAMPa's FB page to your personal, congregational or other related ministry page.
3. Create a blurb to run in your own congregation's newsletter with an invitation to join you. Or make a poster to encourage sign-ups!
4. Invite friends. There's a discount rate for people coming as part of a team of three or more from a congregation. People don't have to register together to get the rate. If they list their congregation and city as prompted during the registration, we will figure it out on this end.
5. There are a limited number of scholarships available for folks who might wish to come but for whom the cost is prohibitive, especially for those who may know hunger or housing insecurity (topics of our legislative visits) from lived experience. If you have someone who needs a scholarship, contact LAMPa for a registration code.
6. If you know someone who may wish to offer such a scholarship, they can donate directly to LAMPa and mark it as a scholarship. (There is a donation option during registration.)
7. CONTINUING ED units are available for Rostered Ministers attending the event.
SPRING CONFERENCE MEETINGS
We will gather on the following dates for our annual Spring Conference Meetings. Please strongly encourage voting members to attend. The conference meeting is open to anyone in the conference. If your conference is conducting a Dean’s election, please encourage attendance. Synod Assembly information will be presented—including an amendment to the budget. Meetings will begin at 7:00 pm.
Bedford Conference: April 25, St. Peter’s, Osterburg
Blair-Huntingdon Conference: May 3, Lutheran Home at Hollidaysburg
Clearfield Conference: April 26, St. John, Clearfield
Johnstown Conference: April 19, Mt. Calvary, Johnstown
Laurel Highlands Conference: April 24, Friedens, Friedens
Nittany Conference: May 2, Location TBD